Thursday, April 9, 2009

Eye am having trouble seeing, but I'm looking into it.

So yesterday I had PRK eye surgery. It wasn't too bad because of all the numbing agents they put in your eye before the actual surgery. Oh, and there's Valium. The doctor said that Valium really only takes the edge off and reduces anxiety. For me... well... I don't know how to explain it. I felt kind of silly, like when you're drunk and you're more willing to do things that normally you would talk yourself out of. For example, the other two patients and I were hanging out in the waiting room until the Valium kicked in. About 15 minutes into the wait, I got up and started digging through a bag of clothes I found that had the doctor's scrubs. Then I put them on and pretended I was the doctor. Yeah, I know. So I guess that's what Valium does?

I have four eye drops that I have to put in every four hours. These anti-bacterial eye drops must have hot sauce in them, because they are the most painful eye drops I've ever used in my life. There is nothing cool and refreshing about them. It's all pain. That's the worst part of the recovery post-op. The best part is sleeping all day... but I do get bored.

Also, I have Percocet. I don't really think it does anything to me except make me really tired. Maybe because I'm not up walking around, stumbling into things and acting a fool. Because drugs like that tend to "walk away," I switched the pills with the ones in my Phenegan, an anti-nausea medicine, bottle. This way, if someone comes in and tries to take my Percocet, they'll really just be taking a bunch super-Tums. At the same time, I hope my friends don't come in here looking for something for their stomach ache and take the entire bottle of Percs. Although that would be hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. Word, Drugs and alcohol are both mentioned - your batting .500

    For a good post you need to mention sex and rock and roll

    ReplyDelete